Monday, April 12, 2010

Get on Deck with Spring's Most Popular Footwear

Walk downtown on a nice spring day, and I bet you that it's hard not to spot someone strolling around in a pair of boat shoes.

The boat shoe, originated in 1935 by Sperry Topsider, has become more and more popular as the years have gone by, and as of recent, when the weather gets nicer, the more Sperry's you see on the streets.

Sperry has evolved from just a leather boat shoe, and now works with tons of different materials to put a innovative spin on a classic look. Sperry Topsider put's out a ton of different styles, not just boat shoes, and when it comes to footwear for the Spring and Summer months, your first stop should be to Sperry's deep catalogue of shoes and sandals.

This Spring, Sperry has put out a ton of new looks and styles that I really like, and I think that you will too. My tip for shopping Sperry--when you start building your collection, diversify the material. Don't load up on leather. Take advantage of the unique materials Sperry offers like canvas and linen. Dare to be different, because with Sperry Topsiders' seemingly endless popularity, pretty soon everyone is going to have the brown leather boat shoe.

Here's a few of Sperry Topsider's New Arrivals this season that I think you'll really dig.



Inspired Authentic Original 3-Eye by Band of Outsiders: Retail at $166. This has got to be one of my favorite shoes Sperry has every put out. Why? Because it doesn't just come in a few different colors, but the materials vary by pattern. The four different materials are Linen, Suede, Marl, and Houndstooth. My Favorite: The blue/white linen pair that give off a seersucker vibe, (left).






Cloud Logo Authentic Original Boat Shoe: Retail at $90. I really liked this pair, again because of the material. It is constructed of hand-sewn true-moc, that has a cloth-y feel with the vibe of mesh when you look from afar. The leather laces tie together this alteration of a classic. My Favorite: The blue pair (left) are the most unique and I think of all the colors it looks the best, but the olive, ice, and classic brown look great too.






Striper Laceless CVO: Retail at $55. These ones are made of canvas, and put a classy touch on the classic Converse Chuck Taylor laceless, canvas shoe look. The Laceless CVO comes in a lot of colors including some really unique plaids and a pale yellow that I really like. My Favorite though, are the Chino/khaki plaid, (left). Out of all the colors, this pair is in my opinion the most versatile, and like a pair of khaki shorts, you can match them with just about anything. The best part is the touch of plaid on the tongue that turns a plain khaki shoe into something people are sure to notice.




These are just a few options Sperry Topsider has to offer. Don't get me wrong, I love the classic leather boat shoe that they make, and I think that classic pair of Sperry's is something that is vital to your shoe closet. But when you've finally got your basic shoe collection down, go back to Sperry.com and check out all the unique shoes they have like these ones. You'll be sure to get noticed for your impeccable style.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd hurry up and catch sperry's friends and family sale; 25 percent off.